Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Working on mine need help

Badillo44

City
Vero beach
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta SE
Hello ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿฝ
I am working on my FF 2019 SE 1.6 I am trying to get a better exhaust sound and air intake so I would like to ask which brand make good sound for the exhaust for the price Borja is too expensive for example thank you in advance
Will

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
One possibility would be to find a used Fiesta ST exhaust. You could join the ST forum and see if someone will sell you one. https://www.fiestastforum.com/ There's a "Want to buy" section in the classifieds.
Is your car a hatchback? It would fit. I imagine you could get it to fit a sedan, too, but I don't work at a muffler shop.
You could also just replace the muffler with something louder. Maybe just a resonator delete would be enough.

For the intake, K&N sells a drop-in panel filter. You'll get a little more sound, but not much.

There's just no aftermarket performance stuff for the base engine. The ST gets all kinds of performance goodies, but no tuner has done anything for the poor SE. I would think that if a tuner could get 10 or 15 more hp out of the base engine, they'd sell a lot of tunes, but there's already a performance model for people who want a faster small car.

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Yeah not much to make this thing go faster, but it is pretty peppy and fun to drive. You can do some suspension upgrades so you have to lift less for corners...which to me is the fun part.

OP
B

Badillo44

City
Vero beach
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #4
Thank you for the input hopefully I can change the sound a little bit I will keep you guys updated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

Badillo44

City
Vero beach
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #5
Yeah not much to make this thing go faster, but it is pretty peppy and fun to drive. You can do some suspension upgrades so you have to lift less for corners...which to me is the fun part.
Thank you I be happy just with a better sound without the intake
Regards

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thank you I be happy just with a better sound without the intake
Regards
There's always a hacksaw just before the rear wheel, have the muffler shop put a pipe out the side just in front of the right-rear wheel. BAAAAHHHWWWWWAAAAHHHHHHHH! [crazyeye] [ohcrap]

OP
B

Badillo44

City
Vero beach
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #7
There's always a hacksaw just before the rear wheel, have the muffler shop put a pipe out the side just in front of the right-rear wheel. BAAAAHHHWWWWWAAAAHHHHHHHH! [crazyeye] [ohcrap]
Lol will that be illegal? Or is fine I am not looking for super loud noises I need just a nice sound better than what I got thank you

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lol will that be illegal? Or is fine I am not looking for super loud noises I need just a nice sound better than what I got thank you
Illegal?...yes...Fun...YES!

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST

Illegal?...yes...Fun...YES!
While this is all true, I'd start with a resonator delete. ;)
Drive it for a while, and see if that works. If it causes some unpleasant drone, put the resonator back, and try some muffler or other.
The base 1.6 has a compression ratio of 11:1, so it won't sound ratty. You want a deep tone that doesn't cause drone when you're cruising.
What that would be, I don't know. It should sound like this: FF to 5:13.
FF to 5:13.

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Go to youtube and search "Exhaust addicts". They don't show the installs. But, they do demonstrate the sound from two fiesta muffler installs. Both standing at the rear bumper and drive away sounds. They also had a Db meter on the hoist for noise measurement.
I would post a link but it's not working through my phone.
Conclusion i saw was definitely DON'T DELETE the RESONATOR

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Ooh, that looks fun!
No resonator. Fart can.
Flowmaster

Videos don't tell the whole story, but I like the first one best. Keep the resonator, get that muffler welded on.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
The silver Fiesta had the best tone, to my ears anyways. The yellow one with the resonator delete and what was really just a resonator tip was pretty harsh. I am not so sure that the yellow car would pass the sound level check at an SCCA autocross event.

OP
B

Badillo44

City
Vero beach
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #13
While this is all true, I'd start with a resonator delete. ;)
Drive it for a while, and see if that works. If it causes some unpleasant drone, put the resonator back, and try some muffler or other.
The base 1.6 has a compression ratio of 11:1, so it won't sound ratty. You want a deep tone that doesn't cause drone when you're cruising.
What that would be, I don't know. It should sound like this: FF to 5:13.
FF to 5:13.
Appreciate you

OP
B

Badillo44

City
Vero beach
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #14
Go to youtube and search "Exhaust addicts". They don't show the installs. But, they do demonstrate the sound from two fiesta muffler installs. Both standing at the rear bumper and drive away sounds. They also had a Db meter on the hoist for noise measurement.
I would post a link but it's not working through my phone.
Conclusion i saw was definitely DON'T DELETE the RESONATOR
Thank you so much I am still rookie what Delete means?

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Thank you so much I am still rookie what Delete means?

Delete means to remove. Here, it means removing the resonator and replacing it with a straight pipe. The yellow Fiesta had that, and it sounds too loud to me.

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
OP
B

Badillo44

City
Vero beach
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #20
Hello guys
So we are doing a custom exhaust tomorrow I have a local guy who works on them is going to be a flow master nothing fancy I will update and show you guys a small video hopefully it sounds better I am not looking for anything fancy or loud just something different than what I got from factory
Regards
William