Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta today?

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Nice. Im a week away from mounting the bin-basket. LT please post up a report on how this works out. I am thinking about making a higher- closer mounting bracket for the bin-basket. I don't care about having access as much as I have concerns about how low the "package" is going to be when loaded. Your setup looks good. But,I will post a pic of what I am going to try out. I have the metal cut, i just need to get it tacked together so I can put it together as a mock up.

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Are you still able to open the trunk with the box in place?
Yeah, no problem. The bin is about 16 inches away from the car. Enough to get stuff out of the hatch without any issues; I did a ton of shopping yesterday, with the box on, and it was not an issue.

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Nice. Im a week away from mounting the bin-basket. LT please post up a report on how this works out. I am thinking about making a higher- closer mounting bracket for the bin-basket. I don't care about having access as much as I have concerns about how low the "package" is going to be when loaded. Your setup looks good. But,I will post a pic of what I am going to try out. I have the metal cut, i just need to get it tacked together so I can put it together as a mock up.
I spent the day trying it out, yesterday. Cannot see the bin at all, behind me; so backing up will be an issue to keep in mind. The basket has a 500 lb limit, but the tongue limit is 150, so not sure how much I am willing to put out there. I need access to the hatch so I think this setup is a good compromise. There's enough room to open the hatch and room to get in there if, say, I need to get to the spare tire. The drawback is my license plate is completely hidden from behind. I wonder if some Nevada cop is going to pull me over? Also the distance away from the car feels good as far as being far enough away from the tailpipe to not make everything smell or melt the bin. I also use rattle brackets at each reciever...that is a must or it would bounce and swing a bit from side to side.
1619982266669.png
I also replaced the furthest rear exhaust hanger as many had said the muffler bags the hitch. Haven't heard any banging yet.

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I am aiming at a 175 lb limit in the carrier. That's tent, tools, tarp, grill and some other crap. Probably not going to hit the weight limit.

Last edited: