Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Welcome newcomers, please introduce yourself!

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Howdy all, new Fiesta ST owner in Uniontown, Ohio. Hitting all the Fiesta forums learning what I can.
Hello. Welcome to the "most active" basic Fiesta forum in North America. We have several very knowledgeable members who are fiesta owners and enthusiasts.
Feel free to scan the various conversations and join us!

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Welcome! There are indeed some helpful folks here. Enjoy your new ride!
That makes three FiST owners here. If we could get just two more ST owners to join we could form our own cabal! I will start working on a complicated gang sign that we can throw at each other!

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Hi, just bought my 2019 Ford Fiesta and want to see what this forum got to offer :)
Welcome to the forum. If you have purchased your fiesta with the intention of long term ownership, look at the maintenance and troubleshooting section for insight into what the Fiesta will probably need to get the most reliable service. There are a few things that you can do very inexpensively that will greatly improve the longevity and lower the operating cost of the car.

lisinator

City
PROVO
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 ford fiesta se
Welcome to the Ford Fiesta Forum. Please take a moment and introduce yourself, tell us what you currently drive or just say "Hi".[welcome]

Thanks again for joining, and welcome aboard!
hi all , im Bill and i own a 2011 ford fiesta se sedan. guess what, my transmission went out. with the ford lawsuit, do i have any recourse at this point to take advantage of that?

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
hi all , im Bill and i own a 2011 ford fiesta se sedan. guess what, my transmission went out. with the ford lawsuit, do i have any recourse at this point to take advantage of that?
Contact the dealer and stand firm that it was defective....see what happens.

And, welcome to the forum!

JBrown

City
chino
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Ford Fiesta SE
Welcome to the Ford Fiesta Forum. Please take a moment and introduce yourself, tell us what you currently drive or just say "Hi".[welcome]

Thanks again for joining, and welcome aboard!

JBrown

City
chino
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Ford Fiesta SE
Hello everyone.I'm currently driving a 2015 Ford Fiesta SE.Thought I had got a good deal on it.Turns out I bought someone else headache.I had the engine light come on ,a month after I had purchased it.It coded that the throttle position sensor was bad .So I bought a throttle body and replaced the old one.Next eng light comes up again this time saying catalyst system efficiency below threshold (Bank 1).I check the converter and it is hollowed out empty,I purchased a conv.the upstream and downstream O2 sensors.Still have a eng light come on.Now all kinds of different codes are showing up .a P0104,P2000,and P0420.P0001,P0109,P0200,P0902.the P0902 chk eng lite comes on and I decide to take it to the dealer and have them diagnose.P0902 is a clutch actuator issue .the dealer tells me the clutch actuator needs to be replaced.this is a $395.00 drop in the bucket and they have had car for like a week.I go pick car up and proceed to drive it...at 20 miles the light comes back on.the following day at 7am I'm back at dealer with same issue .Then they have it all day to tell me the car needs a TCM for trans .Which mind you has been on back order for a couple of months.I pick the car back up .Clear the eng light and drive it.20 miles goes by and eng light comes on again.now it throws a code of P0420,P0104,P2000. Now the engine light has came and went but showed nothing of the trans control module being bad .At this point I am flustered.I'm open for all advice and insights.Maybe someone can help me out .

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Hello everyone.I'm currently driving a 2015 Ford Fiesta SE.Thought I had got a good deal on it.Turns out I bought someone else headache.I had the engine light come on ,a month after I had purchased it.It coded that the throttle position sensor was bad .So I bought a throttle body and replaced the old one.Next eng light comes up again this time saying catalyst system efficiency below threshold (Bank 1).I check the converter and it is hollowed out empty,I purchased a conv.the upstream and downstream O2 sensors.Still have a eng light come on.Now all kinds of different codes are showing up .a P0104,P2000,and P0420.P0001,P0109,P0200,P0902.the P0902 chk eng lite comes on and I decide to take it to the dealer and have them diagnose.P0902 is a clutch actuator issue .the dealer tells me the clutch actuator needs to be replaced.this is a $395.00 drop in the bucket and they have had car for like a week.I go pick car up and proceed to drive it...at 20 miles the light comes back on.the following day at 7am I'm back at dealer with same issue .Then they have it all day to tell me the car needs a TCM for trans .Which mind you has been on back order for a couple of months.I pick the car back up .Clear the eng light and drive it.20 miles goes by and eng light comes on again.now it throws a code of P0420,P0104,P2000. Now the engine light has came and went but showed nothing of the trans control module being bad .At this point I am flustered.I'm open for all advice and insights.Maybe someone can help me out .
Yikes!
Looks like the dealer is happy to just keep throwing money at it. Post this on the troubleshooting thread.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
a P0104,P2000,and P0420.P0001,P0109,P0200,P0902.the P0902 chk eng lite comes on and I decide to take it to the dealer and have them diagnose.
You realize that a lot of these can be due to a poor electrical connection?

Might want to look under the hood and verify you have all your battery connections are tight.

Ground connections too - your vehicle is at the age where such events can start cropping up and making your day until their fixed/repaired - restored.

Yes, your engine can start and CONTINUE to RUN when the Battery Cable to it is disconnected - so if you have wiring issues, this comes up. Jumbled connectors make jumbled connections - making jumbled results...

Fuses too, grab a tester...

https://www.fordfiesta.org/threads/body-control-modual.8227/post-20339

Read that thread - you may need to help solve those codes by looking further yourself - save yourself the labor costs and begin a process to diagnose these and verify the connections you are able to get at; and the fuses you can check - all are good...The clearing of the TCM can be and to me, is a VERY strong clue as to the condition of the Electrical - for if you are only getting "codes" and yet is seems to run fine - ask yourself "WHY?" and realize that the way the system works is thru the electrical connections made to communicate...a failure or interruption in any of the lines prevents this and can wreak havoc with any system

...remember what you said...​
Turns out I bought someone else headache.
The next used car you buy, just might also be a Migraine someone else dropped off in a lot for resale.

Last edited:

wh400

City
Birmingham
State
AL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Ford Fiesta Hatch
Hi,

I am John the owner of a 2011 Fiesta hatchback. Multiple transmission issues here and the TCM burned out and left my daughter crossing a busy 4 lane highway with no power. That was the last straw. 2 clutch fork replacements, 3 reflashes, at least 3 other visits to be told nothing is wrong which wasn't true (I know how they are supposed to shift with the DCT, there are issues) and now this.

I have a case into Ford, they have turned down my buyback request, and now I have signed up for reimbursement class action law suit ( http://fordtransmissionsettlement.com/ ), of which I think I am too late to the game? Now I sit and wait while my car sits in the shop, with no known date of when the part will be available, and with a potential bill of $970.

Thoughts? Will I get anything? Who else should I contact? I bought the car used, CPO, in 2012, and nothing but problems since with the transmission. Otherwise, what a great little car. Any and all help appreciated.

Thank you all!

John Graham
Birmingham, AL

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Handy Andy General Automotive Discussions 10