City
Lexington Park
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Ford Focus SE
Hello to all. I've been researching a lot but can't find answers. So I'm praying a bunch of friendly Ford owners can help me. Check engine light appears and I scanned for codes. 1. P018C- fuel pressure sensor 'B' circuit low. 2. P060A-PCM. I read it could be sensors, fuel pump, fuses. Idk where to start, I was taught start at the cheapest fix and work your way up. Anyway if anyone else has had these codes or any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all very much. 2015 Ford Focus SE with about 40k on odometer. Again thank you.
Chris

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
How long has it been since you've checked the battery?

Lots of times the PCM code - being this P060A -
1648416476184.png

Could mean many things, but all related back to self-test diagnostics in the processor module - and too many times one or others have failed this self-test (Power On Self-Test is a good example) but that could be from intermittent power supply glitches caused by corroded wiring or bad connections - not directly related to the sensor in question - but the sensor is sensitive enough to changes in the voltage power supply to it - to set a code along with the PCM one as a means to "start here"

So, check voltages at the battery connectors - clean battery posts, look for broken wires, frayed or exposed copper wiring or corroded bolts with wiring lugs (ground points) and fix up the mess so it can connect to ground with the LEAST amount of resistance <1Ω when tested from it back to Battery Post Negative and if you can, do a test drive with the OBD-II Scanner tool in and working - and see if you can turn the "Check Engine Light (Malfunction Indicator Lamp - MIL)" off and then just drive the vehicle. When you stop and the light is not on, run the OBD-II test for DTC;s anyway, see if there are any pending - again a list of systems affected - including the I/M (Information Monitors) can show which systems are not -passing and some that have passed or if none have passed and you need to drive several more "cycles" or trips to the store, work or simple drives to gramma's house - this may take time but it for to help the system diagnose and report anything it finds - into the OBD-II diagnostics so the scan tool can find them.