City
Shelby
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Focus
I don't know if I am in the right thread but here goes. I have a 2012 Focus SEL and the transmission is messed up really bad. I recently took it to the Ford dealership and they said I need a Clutch Assembly, TCM and input shaft seal all for 2000. My question is would it be cheaper to buy another transmission off ebay or somewhere else and have it installed? Can I use a 2014 transmission and what all comes with another transmission? Thank you!!

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Saleen Focus, '17 Focus RS
I don't know if I am in the right thread but here goes. I have a 2012 Focus SEL and the transmission is messed up really bad. I recently took it to the Ford dealership and they said I need a Clutch Assembly, TCM and input shaft seal all for 2000. My question is would it be cheaper to buy another transmission off ebay or somewhere else and have it installed? Can I use a 2014 transmission and what all comes with another transmission? Thank you!!
You'll be taking a gamble purchasing another used transmission. Probably be better and cheaper to fix what is broken.

OP
pcline55

pcline55

City
Shelby
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Focus
Thread Starter #3
So I should let the Ford Dealership fix it or another transmission shop? That's just a lot of money for me that I just don't have. They have fixed all this before and I am scared it will tear up again.

What I Drive
2014 Ford Focus SE
Same thing happened to my clutch on my 2014 se. Just replacing the clutch is really the only way to go unfortunately however mine lasted for around 100000 mi. So it's a fairly good fix in my opinion. I have 23000 on my new one and its running perfectly!