City
Eau Claire
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2007 Ford Focus
Hello, new to the forum, thanks in advance for the help. 2007 Ford Focus, 2.0L, automatic transmission. After about 30 minutes of driving, while shifting I start to get some odd shifting issues. Sometimes it will stutter going up a hill, sometimes it shifts very hard, and sometimes it totally shifts out of gear. For instance today, I was cruising up hill at about 70mph. The transmission slipped out of gear and at that point I could rev the engine but the transmission would not engage. I had to slow down to around 25-35 mph before it slapped hard back into gear. When it does the stutter, the speedometer goes up, but the speed of the vehicle does not. I don't think it's ever had a problem shifting from 1-2 though. I changed the transmission fluid and filter and that did not fix the issue. The old fluid looked and smelled good, and there were not a lot of fine metal shavings on the magnet. I'm thinking I may have a bad shift solenoid bad but I'm not sure which one. I know there are A, B, C, D, and E. I don't mind just changing them all out, but is there a way to know for sure. It's not throwing any engine codes. Thanks again.