recalls or tsb's on the troublesome 2015 dct

haywire59

Mine is a 15 2.0 with the dps6. bought it 1-31-2017 with 44000 mi. took it in today to a local ford dealer. Shudders in 1st. sometimes from 1-2. Just wondering if ford will extend trans clutches and seals and what not to 7/100,000 like they did the older models. I know ford already extended the pcm on 2015 to 10/150,000. if anyone finds out let me know. Bought it from a Hyundai dealer took it back the 3rd day said they couldn't service this tranny or even diagnose it! Come on Ford extend the warranty I've only got 16,000 mi left on warranty. Some of the owners on focus fanatics had 3 or four clutch replacements in 40 or 45kmi.[B)] Drove fine on the test drive before I bought it.

Yup sadly it only goes to '14, but you can still purchase the ext warranty through Ford since you are still under warranty.

Mine is a 15 2.0 with the dps6. bought it 1-31-2017 with 44000 mi. took it in today to a local ford dealer. Shudders in 1st. sometimes from 1-2. Just wondering if ford will extend trans clutches and seals and what not to 7/100,000 like they did the older models. I know ford already extended the pcm on 2015 to 10/150,000. if anyone finds out let me know. Bought it from a Hyundai dealer took it back the 3rd day said they couldn't service this tranny or even diagnose it! Come on Ford extend the warranty I've only got 16,000 mi left on warranty. Some of the owners on focus fanatics had 3 or four clutch replacements in 40 or 45kmi.[B)] Drove fine on the test drive before I bought it.

OP
H

haywire59

Thread Starter #4
service manager called told me the clutches and all parts would be in this eve they would fix it and I would have it back tomorrow. yay ! 44860 mi.

OP
H

haywire59

Thread Starter #6
Yes it was covered under 5/60,000 they installed the B clutches with new seals. put about 200 mi on car over the weekend it has no more shudder. The service manager said it might slightly do it until clutch break-in but it doesn't. They also reflashed the tcm. Thanks for all the info.

OP
H

haywire59

Thread Starter #7
was any one on here a member of focus fanatics? I tried to join but got all the way to the end and the complete registration button wouldn't work. Sent an e-mail to them never got a response.

I used to be a member on that site before it got hacked and had its member information leaked, ever since I haven't been back.