Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

New Member - 2016 Fiesta ST

nopes1020

City
Rolesville
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Ford Fiesta ST
Hi all, I recently bought a 2016 ford fiesta st and plan to make modifications soon. I have parts in mind but also don't know if elder members could advise whether said parts are worth their money. The car is very fun at the moment and does not require modifications to be enjoyable but you only live once. I'm just poking around to see if any other members could suggest builds or information on what to upgrade first / what can wait until I finally decide on putting in an aftermarket turbo. The goal is to stick with stock internals until I have to replace the clutch - car is currently at 71k miles.

I look forward to browsing the forums in the future in search of other members with experience in Fiestas!

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Welcome to the forum. The lower motor/ transaxle mount is generally considered to be required. It eliminates the engine banging against the firewall. Your Fiesta might already have it done.
I would strongly suggest that you get your coolant reservoir replaced and flush the old coolant, just because it is over five years old in all likelihood.
The two weaknesses in the Fiesta ST are the cooling system and the hyperactive stability and traction controls. There is a switch below the HVAC that allows you to slightly numb it. But, it really doesn’t have much effect of ending the brake overheating.
A brand new set of rotors and pads will be destroyed by the end of a three run session track day.
The cooling system is under capacity. You probably can squeak by a track day if you have the front windows open and the heater cranking on high and hot.
I believe that Mishimoto still offers a high capacity radiator. I know that Mountune is not doing anything for Fiesta anymore.
I like the Fiesta ST. It’s a fun and economical street car. But it is not a good track toy without a considerable amount of work and money. It will not be a low maintenance or low cost toy.

OP
N

nopes1020

City
Rolesville
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Ford Fiesta ST
Thread Starter #3
Welcome to the forum. The lower motor/ transaxle mount is generally considered to be required. It eliminates the engine banging against the firewall. Your Fiesta might already have it done.
I would strongly suggest that you get your coolant reservoir replaced and flush the old coolant, just because it is over five years old in all likelihood.
The two weaknesses in the Fiesta ST are the cooling system and the hyperactive stability and traction controls. There is a switch below the HVAC that allows you to slightly numb it. But, it really doesn’t have much effect of ending the brake overheating.
A brand new set of rotors and pads will be destroyed by the end of a three run session track day.
The cooling system is under capacity. You probably can squeak by a track day if you have the front windows open and the heater cranking on high and hot.
I believe that Mishimoto still offers a high capacity radiator. I know that Mountune is not doing anything for Fiesta anymore.
I like the Fiesta ST. It’s a fun and economical street car. But it is not a good track toy without a considerable amount of work and money. It will not be a low maintenance or low cost toy.
Still working on a full parts list but I have the low motor mount, intercooler, front and rear sway bars, oil catch can, and a set of coilovers planned for the near future mostly from cobb and fitment industries. I was told by a coworker that cobb is reliable and hasn't done him wrong in the past - but he is working with a focus platform. Would it be smarter to buy other companies parts instead since they typically come a bit cheaper or do you think it's really worth the extra cost to go full cobb air intake, exhaust, and accessport v3 from the website new?

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Probably should try to stay with parts that were engineered by the same company as much as possible.