Stanley
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Ford focus titanium
Hello All,

I have a 13' Focus 2.0. The cat was going out and needed a new one. Long story short, ordered the part and had Minekie do the install. After the install and upon picking up they said the part was faulty and had a small pin hole leak in a welded portion under a heat shield on the cat. I new what he was getting at. More money to go back in and repair that. I passed and drove it home. Definitely a leak but didn't sound like a pin hole, sounded bigger. So I dug in to check it out and this is where I need some experience. They seem to have broke or cut the end of the flange on the manifold for some reason and looks to have been beat on it with a cold chisel and hammer. Why I have no idea. But if you could referee to the picture you can see where they cut or broke the end off. My question is couple parts. Why would they do this? And in doing that did they F it up? Have not pin pointed if this is where the leak is but it doesn't look installed correctly.

Thanks
Darrin

Attachments

Last edited:

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Saleen Focus, '17 Focus RS
No idea why anyone would do that unless they were trying to remove it.

What I Drive
2013 Focus SE and 2015 Focus H/B
Those pin taps look perfectly lined up. You're blaming meineke for what seems to be an issue from where you purchased the part. I would of asked them to point out what they were talking about. Then you could either return the part or tried J-B Weld to fix it yourself. Maybe you can go back and ask them.