City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2000 Focus ZTS
My wife and I have a 2000 Focus ZTS. It's been a great car, but we recently ran into a problem. After the check engine light came on and our mechanic was unable to diagnose the problem, we had a dealer run an end-to-end diagnostic. It turned out the rollover valve that's integral to the fuel tank has some micro cracking and is leaking trace amounts of vapor. Operationally, it's no big deal, but the car won't pass emissions.
Long story short, we need to find a replacement fuel tank with the valve intact. Unfortunately, it's an obsolete part. We've tried a few "pick & pull" places, but the ones around here all puncture the tanks in order to drain them. Ebay and the Ford dealer network have come up dry, as well.
Any suggestions on where we might find one, or do any of you fine folks have one you'd be willing to part with?

Last edited:
City
Tukwila
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2003 Ford Focus
By now, I suspect you either have it repaired, or parked and unregistered (unless you quickly traded it in on something else). Did it not pass because it is throwing a code while you are at the emission station?, or because it doesn't have the correct internal pressure in the tank? My '03 check engine light was diagnosed as a bad fuel cap, causing the in-tank pressure to be incorrect. Did a reset, put a new cap on, never had a problem after that (until the SPI dropped a valve seat many months later [unrelated of course] ).