City
Tamarac
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2007 Focus
I'm new to this forum and have a question if anyone can help.
I have a 2007 focus se. My headlights and brake lights don't work unless the engine is running.
With engine running everything works fine, including brights but not when the engine is off.
No key in ignition, no brakes lights.
With key in on position, no headlights, no brake lights and all other lights work fine including turn signals.
Any ideas?

OP
T
City
Tamarac
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2007 Focus
Thread Starter #3
Really? I could have sworn I've been able to turn on the headlight without starting the engine. The same goes for the brake lights. I could have sworn that I was able to get in the car, step on the brake pedal and have the brake light come on. I guess I need to give up swearing.
Thanks.

MKIIIRS

Really? I could have sworn I've been able to turn on the headlight without starting the engine. The same goes for the brake lights. I could have sworn that I was able to get in the car, step on the brake pedal and have the brake light come on. I guess I need to give up swearing.
Thanks.
I had a 2006 Focus which operated the same way. It's a pain when you're replacing the bulbs and want to test it.

OP
T
City
Tamarac
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2007 Focus
Thread Starter #5
Thanks again. I don't know why all of the sudden I started feeling this was a problem. I was going to take the car to a mechanic, but now I feel much better about leaving things as they are. I'm sure you have saved me plenty, including my stress level.
Have a good day.

City
Tukwila
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2003 Ford Focus
That's interesting to know, it seems my '03 headlights work with engine off, but then again, it dropped a valve seat 4 years ago and has not been out of the driveway since.