Ford Focus 2006 1.8 Central Locking Issue.

pj180e

City
Surrey
State
Non-US
Country
UK
What I Drive
Ford Focus 2006 1.8
I was wondering if someone can offer me some advice in respect of my central locking system?

Basically, I have to press the open button on my key several times before it actuates and opens the doors. However, the close door remote button works perfect. I have stripped the key and all the button connections look fine...any ideas?

Also, does anyone know the whereabouts of where the sensor is that you point the key near, and is there a way to use my spare key (which is not remote) to open the doors without the alarm going off?

Thanks Paul.

What I Drive
2013 Focus SE and 2015 Focus H/B
I had the same issue with my open and tried a bunch of stuff (even foil on the pads), and then I replaced the rubber pad and have not had a problem since.

OP
P

pj180e

City
Surrey
State
Non-US
Country
UK
What I Drive
Ford Focus 2006 1.8
Thread Starter #3
I had the same issue with my open and tried a bunch of stuff (even foil on the pads), and then I replaced the rubber pad and have not had a problem since.
Hi Armando, thank you for your response. Where is the rubber pad located?

What I Drive
2013 Focus SE and 2015 Focus H/B
The rubber pad on your key FOB (the buttons). I don't know if they just sell the rubber part, but I know they sell the case with the rubber part included. You can transfer the electronic part over to the new one so you don't have to reprogram it. Idon't know which style key FOB you have for that year.

Although I think buying a new FOB and reprogramming it isn't too hard on these cars. If your lock button is working, it's most likely that your unlock button had worn out and your sensor is ok. It's the cheaper route to start with and it was the issue on both my Ford and Chevy.