City
North Branch
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2007 ford focus st
I have a 2007 ford focus st. The engine is blown so i am swapping it. I dont want to pay a huge amount out of pocket for labor so im taking on this task myself. The problem is i dont know where to start. The engine is a 2.3 inline 4 and i will be swapping it with the same exact engine just different years. The donor engine is from a '05 st (still a 2.3L inline 4) if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be amazing.

What I Drive
2013 Focus SE and 2015 Focus H/B
Wow, hopefully this is a long term project. I would start with the typical 'disconnect the battery'. From there it's a lot of figuring out hoses, electrical, and parts. Not much out there for your year, but the link below is for a newer model. Technically same steps, just different parts in different places. I've only done a swap on a 70's car with about 1/3 of the parts.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

BellyUpSPI

City
Tukwila
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2003 Ford Focus
I have a 2007 ford focus st. The engine is blown so i am swapping it. I dont want to pay a huge amount out of pocket for labor so im taking on this task myself. The problem is i dont know where to start. The engine is a 2.3 inline 4 and i will be swapping it with the same exact engine just different years. The donor engine is from a '05 st (still a 2.3L inline 4) if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be amazing.
Have a repair manual handy, mark ALL hoses, wires, plugs, that you disconnect. Bag/tag ALL nuts/bolts that you remove, or reinstall as many as you can back in to the place that they came from, to keep from losing them.
Good luck, I may be doing a similar job on my '03 at some point in the future. Currently working on two other projects, so Focus will have to wait.