Car Acts Weird After Sitting for Longer Period of Time

lvrbn94

I own a 2005 Ford Focus SE(had it a little over 3 years) so I know my car really well. Anyways, every time(it's getting more frequent) if my car has been sitting like when I'm at work, or overnight I'll turn it on and within two minutes of it being on it gets really low, like it's about to die...but it never does. It almost shudders(not sure if that's the right word) but after it does it and comes back up and acts normal the rest of the time. If it's something that needs fixed I'd like to get it done soon before winter. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it only does it once at startups after sitting overnight? What about after that does it still happen every time you restart the motor?

OP
L

lvrbn94

Thread Starter #3
So it only does it once at startups after sitting overnight? What about after that does it still happen every time you restart the motor?
Nope, just after sitting overnight or a long period of time.

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Saleen Focus, '17 Focus RS
When was the last time you've checked your o2 sensors and you have no check engine lights right?

OP
L

lvrbn94

Thread Starter #5
When was the last time you've checked your o2 sensors and you have no check engine lights right?
I have had the check engine light on for months, tried clearing it, it just comes right back on. I have not checked the o2 sensors.

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Saleen Focus, '17 Focus RS
I have had the check engine light on for months, tried clearing it, it just comes right back on. I have not checked the o2 sensors.

It would save you a lot of time if you had someone retrieve the error code. Not sure if places like Autozone still offer free diagnostics, but try giving them a call. In fact most autopart places will have a hand-held device they can quickly plug into your car to read the error code.