Blue lamp identification

Hi I'm new here, and hope I'm posting in the proper spot. My daughter just bough an 01 Focus. It seems to be a great little car. In getting it ready for her, I came accross a blue lamp under the dash, near the hood release and fuse panel. It has two rather long leads, one red and one blue. It seems to be always on, 24/7. Please let me know what this is and where it should mount. Thanks for any help.

Hi I'm new here, and hope I'm posting in the proper spot. My daughter just bough an 01 Focus. It seems to be a great little car. In getting it ready for her, I came accross a blue lamp under the dash, near the hood release and fuse panel. It has two rather long leads, one red and one blue. It seems to be always on, 24/7. Please let me know what this is and where it should mount. Thanks for any help.

That's definitely not stock. Does the car have an aftermarket alarm?

OP
R
Thread Starter #3
That's definitely not stock. Does the car have an aftermarket alarm?
Thanks for the response. The only previous owner says she doesn't know of any aftermarket add-ons of any kind. I kinda wonder if someone was using it as a test light and forgot it. I've discovered that it does eventaully go off, but not until much later than the dome/courtesy lights dim following door close. It stays on after those go out for at least several minutes. If you're certain it isn't stock, I guess I'll try to trace it back to a source and disconnect it.

If you can't trace it to anything just disconnected while its in the garage to see if it affects anything. Take a picture with a cell phone before you do so that you can reference where it plugs into.