City
Emmen
State
Non-US
Country
Netherlands
What I Drive
2002 Ford Focus Estate 1.6
I'll say first off this is on a left hand drive car, I don't know that it makes a difference but full disclosure and all that.

Initially the passenger side electric window became intermittent, it would work sometimes and not others but recently it stopped working all together.

When I press either door switch you can hear the relay click and you can hear a click from the passenger door but the window doesn't move.

I have tried banging on the door while pressing the switch to see if it was jammed but that did nothing.

I will add that when the window did work, even intermittently, the window was not slowed down at all so there was no indication of anything binding up.

Also there is only a single fuse for electric windows and since the drivers side works fine it rules that out, plus because i'm hearing a reaction at the door that tells me it's not a wiring thing.

Any ideas on what I should check next?

What I Drive
2013 Focus SE and 2015 Focus H/B
If you are hearing the regulator moving, the parts may need replacing... and they are replaceable. I did my old Explorer, but I hear the Focus uses similar parts. I attached a picture of the parts because I don't remember the names. When the regulator went ot on my Explorer the new regulator cost was over $200. I decided to pull it out and took it to my mechanic. He told me to buy the parts myself and put them in to see if it works. I did, and it worked for the remaining 5 years I had the car. It's easy to do just make sure you use plenty of grease. Side note, while you are in there make sure the other parts are good. Side, side note... try to find the parts that are plastic/ metal so they last longer.

Attachments

OP
L

Larkspeed

City
Emmen
State
Non-US
Country
Netherlands
What I Drive
2002 Ford Focus Estate 1.6
Thread Starter #3
I don't hear it moving, I hear it click nothing more

What I Drive
2013 Focus SE and 2015 Focus H/B
So an electrical clicking, not a motorized clicking. Pull your panel off and check the current. Hopefully it's just a bad contract, worst case a bad regulator. It seems like you checked everything else.

City
Tukwila
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2003 Ford Focus
It's been 3 months now, I hope that you got it repaired by now, but if not, the Ford Taurus is known for the wiring at the door jam to sometimes break individual wires inside the rubber tube, often the window wiring. My '98 Taurus may have this problem. My rear driver side window will not work, but at night when I hit the switch, I can see the headlights dim a little bit, telling me that the switch is good, but no power seems to be reaching the window. I have 3 other working windows, almost never have people in the back, so I haven't been pressured into repairing it. Maybe a Focus has a similar door jam wiring problem. My Focus is an '03 with crank windows.