******07 milan 2.3 5spd shift cable issue******

So 07 milan, 2.3 with 5 spd manual tranny, never had issues like this before. car will not go into gear, so when u move left to right in n, the shift cable that movement moves is i guess stuck, i ended up breakin the piece that connects it to the shifter, but its stuck, iv3 been having issues since a incident ill explain in a second...but i would just jiggle it when it would lock up and would be good...also i just was unable to use first today either cause it would just pop it out of gear when i would gobto start...kinda like my third gear which ive com to the conclusion is my syncros...but why all the sudden 1st? Recently from said incident it would grind hard from 1 to 2, never did that before...pretty much all this started from 2 days ago heading up the mtn it was snowing and to get traction in my fwd, i went backwards up the mtn a bit, pretty high rpms with tires spinming but getting traction enougb to make it, my coolant was bad also whichbibjust flushed cause i over heated lightly also but i caught it and let everything cool down 45 mins or so n everything was fine....but im wondering what exactly caused it cause it all started from thatvnight...like everything was thrown out of adjustment or something...but ya i also have the second shifter cable that controls movement up and down, a bracket that holds the cable in place right after the shiftwr broken also been for a whilw...but nothing like this just slop in the movemebt.. so i was under the hood playing with the thing that the cables connect to on the tranny...could it be just a cable or that thibg on the tranny....the one that controls movement left n right wont budge ob the tranny, n the up n down one only goes like once for like 2 4 or r...n wont go up 1 3 or 5...is it internal?

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Are you sure it was originally the shifter cable? I know that when I blew my clutch before on my old Focus the car also didn't go in gear.