City
Helensburgh
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Ford Focus 1.6 Diesel Econetic 2014
The other day I noticed that the floor on the passenger side of the car (both front and rear) was soaking. Seats and everything else was OK. Also under the spare tyre in the boot was wet. I can't see any obvious reason for this and there seems to be more there each morning. My car is a 1964 Ford Focus 1.6 Diesel Econetic. Would appreciate any help anyone could give me to solve this problem. Thanks in advance.

City
Woodstock
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
The other day I noticed that the floor on the passenger side of the car (both front and rear) was soaking. Seats and everything else was OK. Also under the spare tyre in the boot was wet. I can't see any obvious reason for this and there seems to be more there each morning. My car is a 1964 Ford Focus 1.6 Diesel Econetic. Would appreciate any help anyone could give me to solve this problem. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the community! It sounds like your A/C drain is plugged. This would account for both the water slosh you hear and for the water on the floor boards on the passenger side.

I don't know where it's located at exactly on the Focus, but it should be under the car on the passenger side just under where the air box for the A/C is at in the engine compartment.

Should be a flexible rubber outlet. Stick a straight piece of wire up it. You'll know when you strike gold because it will soak you.

OP
S
City
Helensburgh
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Ford Focus 1.6 Diesel Econetic 2014
Thread Starter #3
Thanks Nate 4x4 for your reply. I've. decided to put the car into the local garage as I think I might have more than one problem. The floors were wet this morning again and also the boot has water in it as well. I'm in Scotland and it has been raining every day for the last week and continuously for the last 15 hours. Once again many thanks for your help.

City
Woodstock
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Thanks Nate 4x4 for your reply. I've. decided to put the car into the local garage as I think I might have more than one problem. The floors were wet this morning again and also the boot has water in it as well. I'm in Scotland and it has been raining every day for the last week and continuously for the last 15 hours. Once again many thanks for your help.
So the cause was the rain. I wonder how it manages to get in.

Do you not close your car windows?